After his crash of yesterday, Tom Lüthi did not find his rhythm that easily during the last free practice this afternoon as due to the wind and cold temperatures the conditions had changed completely compared to the day before. The Swiss was able to better his pace during qualifying and rode his Kalex to the limit. Two tenths of a second behind the Top three he achieved with his best lap time of 1:59.004 the seventh position on the starting grid and will start Sunday's race from the front of the third row just ahead of Brad Binder and Alex Marquez.
P7 - 1'59.004 (+0.419)
It has been a rollercoaster this weekend, not only because of my crash, but also because the conditions have changed again during the third free practice. It was difficult to find the right settings. I did not really find my rhythm this weekend. You don't have so much time at the track to get everything right. The rhythm came during qualifying though. I was able to ride the bike at the limit, but it was not enough to be with the front group. Marcel has been really strong the whole weekend. He has an impressive pace and is able to push for another fast lap at the end. It is good to have him in the own team, so I can watch him a little bit closer. I am not too disappointed, because also my team did a good job. We have to stay calm now and keep on working. The direction is right.
1. Jorge MARTIN / SPA / KTM - 1'59.596
2. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'59.639 (+0.043)
3. Alex MARQUEZ / SPA / KALEX - 1'59.695 (+0.099)
7. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 1'59.879 (+0.283)
1. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'58.585
2. Xavi VIERGE / SPA / KALEX - 1'58.731 (+0.146)
3. Lorenzo BALDASSARRI / ITA / KALEX - 1'58.784 (+0.199)
7. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 1'59.004 (+0.419)
See the full starting grid on motogp.com